Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Choices

Today I went to GH and enrolled-I start on Friday night- funny how when faced with the reality of following thru how anxious one can get. You see when you have choices and I mean real choices in life to make they are never easy. Sure what to eat for dinner isn't real a choice that is a preference. But do I quit my job and go off on my own- or do I stay married and put the time and effort in to make it work or do I go off and run away and start over- those are real life choices.

I wanted to let you know dear reader that for now I took the job in AZ, working out of the house in CT- I needed the money- which leads me to the next thing I went thru training for selling health insurance and they give leads etc., and I have geared up to sell it-but I cant seem to get started and do you want to know why- IT IS BECAUSE I AM SCARED- scared you say- yes scared of everything- failure, being on my own, financial responsibility etc., I cant seem to get past that fact and it has immobilized me to not take action, and that dear reader takes us back to choices - the choice to take a chance. At this stage of my life I don't know if my self esteem and my wits can get me to make the choice to go off on my own business. I am so frightened of failure that I have reached a point of no action. What's that Dave your scared- yep I look back over my life and the choices I have made and what could have been etc., and I realize that I have wasted my life- aside from my sons- I didn't fufill my obligations in marriage, my work obligations, nor my own personal obligations. I wonder a lot lately of what could have been- and I know I cant turn back the clock and that I can only move forward- but as I sit in the library writing this blog- and I see the weathered books the weathered desks and the weathered librarians I wonder if this is how life is going to be- always wondering if this is it- why cant I be happy???- why do I need to find my place, is it because I have never found it? and with that dear reader I leave with -Choices- we all have them and it is those with the courage to make the choices they succeed and right now I am frozen with inaction professionally - till next time -Chase This!

1 comment:

qrswave said...

nice blog you got going here.

you seem like an open and honest fellow.

I think you're on the right track - asking the right questions (Why can't I be happy?).

Let me know when you figure it out. If you are anything like me, you might discover that the answer has far less to do with you than it does with the ass backwards world we live in.

Good luck with everything. Thanks for visiting my blog.