Sunday, November 13, 2005

The Quiet Life

So I have a meeting in the morning with an insurance guy- My insurance license is still active and there is a Medicare part d enrollment going on and they need enrollers- not the best gig in the world but it is cash and cash is king.
Did you ever wonder if you ended up where you thought you did- (of course you have) we all do- funny I didn't picture my life this way- heading for divorce #2 and no farther in my career then I was 10 years ago- seems I missed the boat with the dot com's- I should have gone into Laundromats when I had the chance.
You know there are two things I always wanted to do- but life seemed to get in the way or was it my own greed, always looking for the next big thing in technology? I wanted to be an actor and I wanted to race cars- I did take some acting classes and I was happier than I had ever been- it is a shame that reality and life get in the way- perhaps if I had the time and the money I would pursue it- or perhaps if I had to do it over again I would have gone straight into acting- I know lamenting about what could have been does no one any good- I mean I love my sons- yes I have two - Devon he is age two and Michael who just turned 20- what's that 20 you say yep I started young- the major regret I have in life is that I wasn't mature enough or responsible enough to be in Michaels life from the beginning- I look at Devon and thank god every day for the miracle that he is and it makes me sad to realize what I missed with Michael- granted we have a good relationship now but it feels more like a friend than a son and yes it FUCKIN bugs me that I missed his whole life. The saving grace is that he turned out to be a great kid- it is amazing as I look at Devon and Michael and I think how they have their whole lives ahead of them and how fast it goes. One day your graduating high school and the next thing you know your at your 20th year high school reunion.
Ok enough I know- lets not make this a pity party- overall yes I realize this isn't where I wanted to be but you know I have it pretty good- and god has blessed me with a decent life- what is the saying- every day above ground is a good day. So till next time, Chase This!
Later,
Dave

No comments: